Hello, everybody. It’s Friday in Shirley-Mastic, and I’m back in your inbox to get you caught up on all the most important things happening in our community. Today you’ll find these stories and more:
But first, today’s weather:
Breezy in the afternoon. High: 75, low: 46.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Shirley-Mastic who want to build awareness, connect with customers, and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Shirley-Mastic Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top four stories today in Shirley-Mastic:
- MMSC Library is hosting the ” Technology or Treat” on Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 7 p. m., via Zoom. The class will teach techniques to make Halloween extra fun. ( MMSCL )
- For those looking for a house in the Shirley/Mastic area, take a look at the latest properties available in the neighborhood . ( Shirley/Mastic Patch )
- MMS Community Library is hosting an off-site event called “October Big Day” at the Wertheim National Wildlife Refuge. Ms. Hillary will wait for all to come out and celebrate the birds of our local community on Saturday, Oct. 9, from 11 a. m. to noon. ( MMSCL )
- According to a poll released by Siena College, Democrat Kathy Hochul is ahead of Republican Lee Zeldin by 54-37 . The College’s data show Hochul had a growth of three points since the last poll in August. ( Long Island News 12 )
Patch deal of the day:
Wine lover alert. We found this amazing deal from Splash Wines — an 18-bottle curated selection of reds and whites for fall — for just $69. 99. Shipping isn’t cheap at $39. 95, but that still comes out to just over $6 per bottle. Splash Wines has a money-back guarantee if you don’t like the wine and 4. 6 out of 5 rating on TrustPilot. So: recommended.
(The Patch Deals team scours the web for deals we think our subscribers will like. We may earn the commission on products purchased. All promotions are as of publication and could change. )
Today in Shirley-Mastic:
- Family Literacy – MMS Community Library. ( 9 a. meters. )
- Art Club — MMS Community Library. ( 4 p. mirielle. )
- Game On : MMS Community Library. ( 5: 45 p. m. )
From my notebook:
- Drop in at the Sunday Fun Days at the MMSC Library between 1 plus 3 p. m. on Sunday, Oct. 9. The fun will be held in the Small Room of the Mastic Recreation Center. No registration is required. ( MMSCL )
- Suffolk Times: “The idea for a community shoe drive came from a Google search. “I just was trying to come up with different ideas to make money for fundraising efforts, not repeating the same thing over and over every year, ” said Kerri Chituk. ” ( Suffolk Times via Instagram )
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow with another update!
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Shirley-Mastic Daily? Contact me at [email protected] com .