Most expensive homes for sale in Lewes, Delaware as of June 3, 2022
Top 10 homes for sale by price in Lewes, Delaware as of June 3, 2022.
Ben Mace, Wochit
Founded in 1631, Lewes is known as “the first town in the First State,” on the coast where the Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean.
The history and the water are just two of the many reasons home buyers are drawn to the town.
“We’ve got the beach on the bay and we also have access to Cape Henlopen State Park and the canal for boating,” said Lee Ann Wilkinson, a Lewes resident and Realtor for more than 30 years. “The bay is really nice for sailing and kayaking, but you can still go to the ocean at the state park.”
She said her favorite part of Lewes is “the quaintness of the downtown area.”
“We have amazing restaurants, charming boutiques and shops,” Wilkinson said. “It’s a really attractive, low-key beach town.”
Also popular with long-time residents and prospective home buyers are the biking and walking trails that connect the town to Rehoboth Beach and Gordons Pond.
Wilkinson said houses in the Lewes area are a good value for a coastal community.
“Real estate prices are definitely less expensive than many other beach towns,” she said. “You get more for your money here.”
We are showcasing the top 10 homes for sale by price in the Lewes zip code as of June 3, looking at existing houses, not under construction, on a maximum of one acre. Some sales are pending or contingent, as noted.
$1,295,000 – 138 Kings Highway, sale pending
2,300 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 7,888 square-foot lot, listed by The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group.
- steps away from shopping and dining downtown and a short bike ride to the beach
- traditional architecture with stylish setting for entertaining
- large living room with wood-burning fireplace,
- exposed beams in office/den
- eat-in kitchen
- formal dining room
- owner’s suite with private second level deck overlooking landscaped backyard
- sun room
- guest house
$1,299,900 – 35896 Black Marlin Drive, sale pending
4,500 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 0.48 acre lot, listed by Jeannie Mack, Coastal Real Estate Group.
- Wolfe Pointe neighborhood east of Route 1
- geothermal heating
- architectural moldings and columns
- owner’s suite on first floor with sitting area, exercise room, office, walk-in California Closet and a fireplace that can be seen from the soaking tub in the owner’s bath
- kitchen with island, granite counter tops, Kitchen Aid Pro stainless steel appliances, custom cherry cabinets
- heated floors in kitchen and the owner’s bathroom
- wet bar
- game room
- walk-in attics
- screened porch, deck and fenced backyard
$1,350,000 – 316 Mulberry St.
2,063 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 9,000 square-foot lot, listed by Lee Ann Wilkinson Group.
- downtown historic Lewes, close to shopping and dining
- historic architectural features including decorative trim and built-ins
- hardwood flooring throughout
- gas fireplace in living room
- eat-in kitchen with breakfast nook and pantry
- screened porch
- inground pool and above-ground hot tub
- fenced backyard with landscaped grounds and extensive hardscaping
$1,375,000 – 209 Cedar St.
1,466 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2,874 square-foot lot, listed by Amy Pietlock, Ocean Atlantic Sotheby’s International Realty.
- one block from the beach
- corner lot near shopping and dining
- home is ready for renovations and can be a beach getaway or income-producing rental property
- clear lot next door, 50 feet x 100 feet, also for sale, so the two properties could be combined
$1,500,000 – 211 Grey Plover Court
2,727 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 5,663 square-foot lot, listed by Rick Metz, RE/MAX Horizons.
- Anglers Nest neighborhood between Lewes Beach and the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal
- near historic downtown with shops, boutiques and restaurants and Canal Park
- open-floor design with kitchen, dining and living area for gatherings, entertaining or quiet time in front of the fireplace
- granite counter tops
- wood, tile and carpet floorings.
- enclosed side porch expands the living area
- owners’ bedrooms on both floors
- all bedrooms have an en-suite bath
- views of sunsets and the canal from front porch or upper deck
- rear attached storage room
- 4-foot encapsulated crawl space can be used for storage
- outside shower
- patio and awning-covered driveway
$1,595,000 – 108 Shipcarpenter St., sale pending
1,975 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, listed by the Lee Ann Wilkinson Group.
- downtown historic Lewes, across from the shopping and dining of 2nd Street, next to the Lewes Historical Society
- renovated kitchen with new stainless steel appliances, extensive cabinetry, Silestone quartz countertops, tile backsplash, under-cabinet lighting and two stainless steel sinks
- new roof, new Anderson windows, new water heater
- original oak floors have been sanded, stained and sealed
- one bedroom on first floor
- storage space in partial basement and walk-in attic
- private backyard with full fence, mature landscaping and three raised garden beds with irrigation
- storage shed
$1,700,000 – 2502 Cedar St., sale pending
Approximately 2,300 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 8,276 square-foot lot, listed by The Lee Ann Wilkinson Group.
- one block from beach
- modern, open floor plan design with vaulted ceiling, two fireplaces and custom trim
- master bedrooms on first and second floors
- renovated kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances
- rooftop deck
- wraparound porch
- plenty of storage for beach gear
$1,899,900 – 34773 Bookhammer Landing Road
3,500 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and 2 half-baths, 9,583 square-foot lot, listed by The Ruckle Team, Keller Williams Realty.
- canal-front home in Joy Beach with views of canal, wetlands and bay
- three levels of decks, including a rooftop deck with spiral staircase
- outdoor pool
- living room with recessed lighting, hardwood floors, porthole window, vaulted ceiling and wetland views
- kitchen with white wooded cabinetry, a bar with seating room, tile flooring, non-spill counters with beveled-up edges, stainless-steel appliances including Sub-Zero freezer and commercial-grade Wolf stove
- first-floor owner’s suite with views of wetlands, refrigerator, en-suite bathroom with walk-in bathtub, tile walls and floors and marble vanity
- sunroom and third-floor living room offer panoramic views and deck access
- two driveways leading to two garages, both with deck access
- right-side garage, high enough to hold a boat, has car lift, separate HVAC and a half-bathroom
$2,250,000 – 206 E. Market St.
Main house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, plus 3 cottages, 5,227 square-foot lot, listed by Zack Sieber, Lewes Realty.
- Victorian home just a few houses from Lewes Beach with the trail to the beach nearby
- main house has been a weekly rental in the summers
- wood flooring
- dual-zoned heat and air conditioning
- cottages have been rented for the summer
- two cottages are studio style and the third has living space separate from the bedroom, all with one bedroom and one bathroom
- alley behind cottages for access when moving in and out
- detached barn/garage
$2,500,000 – 12 N. Washington Ave.
3,280 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 8,276 square-foot lot, listed by Carla Campbell, Ocean Atlantic Sotheby’s International Realty.
- steps from the beach and close to historic downtown Lewes
- open floor plan for entertaining
- gourmet kitchen with granite countertops, expansive cabinet space, tiled backsplash, breakfast bar and upgraded appliances
- great room and formal dining area
- third-floor master suite with bonus area and rooftop deck with panoramic views
- screened porch and wraparound decks
- nearby bike trails lead to Cape Henlopen State Park, ocean and Rehoboth Beach
Reporter Ben Mace covers real estate, housing and development stories. Reach him at [email protected]