Hey, everybody! I’m back in your inbox this morning with everything you need to know about what’s happening in Plymouth-Canton these days.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and breezy. High: 79 Low: 48.
Here are the top stories in Plymouth-Canton today:
- A controversial tip in the Stislicki case could dismiss certain evidence from being presented during a Floyd Galloway trial. The prison inmate and convicted sexual assaulter could fathom release as soon as 2033. (Hometown Life)
- Interstate 275 will be closed from the I-96/M-14 interchange to I-94 starting at 8 p.m. on Friday, June 3. It will last through 5 a.m. on Monday, June 6, but could reopen if the work is completed sooner. (WXYZ)
- Plymouth-Canton Prospective Homeowners: See 5 New Houses For Sale. (Plymouth-Canton Patch)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Plymouth-Canton resident looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they’d invest $100,000 right now, and many of them had the same answer: fine art.
Thinking you can’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of artwork. A company called Masterworks.io built the largest platform for buying and selling art securities. In the past, you could only buy shares of companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
Meaning, you can invest in shares of million-dollar artwork. And in uncertain times, it turns out, fine art may be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to stocks according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary art prices outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To learn more, visit Masterworks.io, where Plymouth-Canton Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Plymouth-Canton:
From my notebook:
- Plymouth Scholars Charter Academy: “We have some AMAZING news about one of our Pumas! Diya, submitted an application to the 2022 Broadcom MASTERS national middle school science competition! Congratulations to Plymouth Scholars Charter Academy on this achievement! Diya’s se…” (Plymouth Scholars Charter Academy via Facebook)
- Michigan State Youth Soccer Association, Inc.: “Looking forward to some AWESOME State Cup & JR State Cup FINALS games this weekend! Send your State Cup pics to: [email protected] don’t forget to include your club/team info!” (Michigan State Youth Soccer Association, Inc. via Facebook)
- City of Plymouth: “Shred Day is this Saturday at the Plymouth Cultural Center for City of Plymouth and Plymouth Township residents. In similar past events, there are long lines at 9 a.m. that have dissipated by 10 or so. For the potential for a quicker dro…” (City of Plymouth via Facebook)
- Canton Farmers Market: “Join us Sunday, June 5th at Preservation Park for another amazing market day! Interested to know who’s going to be selling at the market? Be sure to scroll through the vendor line up to see what’s going to be offered! Grab lunch from Piz…” (Canton Farmers Market via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Friday off right! I’ll see you around.
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on Detroit’s Westside, in the hard working blue-collar Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I’m a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration into journalism came as a young kid, when I began following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break in to the journalism world began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I eventually worked my way to news editor. So with first-hand experience growing up in a tight-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as a breaking news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about news tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth-Canton Daily? Contact me at [email protected]